In 2016 ACSD set up a fund to provide grants to support the professional development of its members.
The fund is supported by members. Each year when they renew their membership they can donate to the fund. These donations are tax deductible.
To apply – send us an email email@example.com
taking note of the requirements below
The applicant will be:
- a full member of ACSD,
- a spiritual director with at least one directee.
- A course of study, conference, or training opportunity that is directly related to the practice of Spiritual Direction.
- Any grant approved needs to be spend before March 31st of the year following the application.
- The grant applied for must be directly applicable to the practice of Spiritual direction.
- Applicants should clearly indicate the total cost of the Professional Development event, any applications for funds from other bodies (including amounts applied for), and the amount being requested from the ACSD Professional Development Grant.
- All applications must be accompanied by an itemised listing of all expenses to which the grant will be applied.
- Application for the grant to be received no later than February 28, of the year in which the event occurs.
- The grant will be awarded to an individual member only once.
- The grant will not be awarded for travel costs.
- The grant is not available for current Executive members.
- The amount awarded to any applicant may be a proportion of that applied for. This may depend on the balance of the Fund and other factors determined by the Executive.
- All accumulated funds will not necessarily be awarded in full each year.
- The grant will be awarded at the discretion of the Executive of ACSD.
- Each application will be assessed on an individual basis. The decision of the Executive is final.
A paper/report, written no more than one year after taking up the grant, to be submitted to the Executive of ACSD for posting on the ACSD website and sharing with other members.
This report should demonstrate the applicability of the event to spiritual direction and show the relevance of the event attended to the practice of spiritual direction.